Do you have a business activity that involves the provision of services in Denmark? If so, it is necessary to register with the RUT – Registret for Udenlandske Tjenesteydere (Register of Foreign Service Providers). In this article we will discuss how to register with the RUT, the required documents, deadlines and the consequences of not fulfilling this obligation.

When should I register with the RUT?

If you are a foreign entrepreneur providing services in Denmark, you are required to register with the RUT. This registration applies to all entrepreneurs regardless of the industry in which they operate. It is worth noting that the need to register also extends to companies that perform work for other entities within Denmark and those that employ workers posted to work in Denmark.

How to register with the RUT?

The process of registering with the RUT is done online, on the official website of the Danish authority – . Before starting registration, it is a good idea to prepare the necessary documents and information, such as:

  • Name and address of the company;
  • Contact information (phone number, email address);
  • Tax identification number (TIN) or VAT number;
  • Information about the type of business;
  • Details of employees posted to work in Denmark (if applicable).

Then, fill out the online registration form, providing the required information. Once the form is approved, the entrepreneur will receive a confirmation of registration via email.
Registration with the RUT must be done before starting to provide services in Denmark. In the case of entrepreneurs employing workers posted to work in the country, registration should take place before the workers start working there. It is worth noting that failure to register with the RUT may result in financial penalties, so it is worth ensuring that this obligation is fulfilled on time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *